My initial reaction was: this is not for me. But I stuck with it and am glad I did.
- Lots of great glyphs hiding deep in H&Co’s typographic curiosity cabinet!
- New music (and a real video for Ouch!) from The Hip is a gift but also a reminder of the tragic loss of singer Gord Downie who passed away of glioblastoma 4 years ago.
- Ugh, my yellow Riso definitely needs a cool yellow computer friend ;-)
- This was (sadly) a very timely read this week about the costs of working too much. Bonus points for learning the Japanese term “karoshi.”
- Like my pal Doug, people on a bike is a sign of hope for humanity. It’s a helpful and healthy solution to deal with the above problem.
- I’m a huge fan of Rob Walker’s book The Art of Noticing so it was a nice surprise to get a message from him last week saying he was going to use something from Being Hear in an upcoming newsletter (which is now out). Thanks Rob!
- Also, Rob’s latest piece The Art of Nothing is also excellent.
- I’ll keep saying it: f**k bitcoin and crypto.